The hay fields on the farm could be considered organic, for we do not use any pesticides or herbicides on the fields. Since talking to the weeds does not make them pack their little suitcases, and move to another field, they must be forcefully evicted. Forceful eviction requires knowledge of weed appearance, muscle and a desire to rid the fields of these evil plants.
Normally, the eviction is done by Daddy, Mother Dearest and any of the kids who are available to help.
This year we had a little help with weed eviction in the form of 80 junior high and high school members of Horizon's Youth Group.
Both fields were soon cut and left to dry for a few days.
I must say, the hay is quite lovely, especially without those pesky weeds!



I can almost smell it!! We need a visit soon! I've got to return your cds! :)
ReplyDelete